We’re looking: Social Media Community Manager
Social Media Community Manager
Do you want to be in the nexus of the ‘new’ public relations?
Influence Consulting is looking for a Community Manager deeply involved in social media.
Our PR clients are expanding rapidly in social media.
- This is a freelance position, based on hourly value, or a per project fee
- You must be mobile, connected, have a highly functioning home office, and be willing to work with deadlines.
- We work best with self-motivated professionals who crave flexibility, creativity, and entrepreneurial upside, without the bureaucracy and in-fighting of a traditional agency. We foster creative collaboration with like-minded professionals.
Are you a social maven – connected through Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, savvy with blogs.? We integrate PR with social media, from concept through messaging, publicity, re-generation through social distribution channels, marketing, new business development.
We have an immediate need for an experienced social media manager to engage a clients’ audience on Facebook, and soon Twitter and other social media channels. Looking for 10 hour a week commitment to start. Growth opportunity for right person.
Have you helped build an online community? Do you live in New York City, in the L.A./Orange County area, Chicagoland, Central Florida or South Florida?
Attributes of a Community Manager
• Patience to facilitate and encourage members of the community to participate
• Warmth and diplomacy, taking the time to welcome new members to the community and making everyone feel welcome
• Skillful networking being able to connect people to solutions perhaps inside your company and outside of the organization
• Great written skills whether 140 characters or five paragraphs
• Confidence with technology – from HootSuite to WordPress, wav file, video platforms, early adopter, quick learner
• Tenacity and resilience that means they go beyond the call of duty checking into the community outside of regular hours to ensure there are no questions that need to be addressed, not only serving the community but also helping manage your company’s reputation online
Mark Rose is Partner at Influence Consulting Group Inc., Influence Advisor and Influence Wave.